Sterling Karamar's Response to COVID-19 and Preventative Measures
To Our Valued Clients, Residents and Tenants:
I want to provide you with an update on Sterling Karamar Property Management's course of action and response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 ("COVID-19"), particularly, the preventative measures we are taking to mitigate risk across our business.
At Sterling Karamar, we believe it is our responsibility to prioritize the safety and well-being of our staff, residents, tenants and properties.
Pandemic Response Team
We have created a Pandemic Response Team ("PRT") focused specifically on closely monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 situation and related developments. The creation of the PRT committee was triggered as part of Sterling Karamar's Pandemic Plan and consists of the executive team, as well as subject matter experts across the organization including IT, Operations, Finance and Human Resources.
Communication and Preventative Measures Taken
- We are providing ongoing communication with our operations staff to continue to assess their needs to support residents and tenants.
- We continue to restrict in-person meetings and all non-essential travel, providing direction consistent with the public health requirements to self-isolate upon return.
- We have implemented our business continuity plan and have temporarily closed corporate and regional offices, and limited access to site offices. We are also practicing social distancing.
- We are equipped and have set up from a technology perspective a work-from-home contingency where appropriate.
- We continue to update our staff with public education on COVID-19, including up-to-date recommendations for monitoring hygiene.
- We are undertaking ongoing communication with our residents to make them aware of the precautionary measures we have put in place to disinfect and monitor the cleanliness of our properties.
- We continue to update our residents with public education on COVID-19, including up-to-date recommendations for monitoring hygiene through educational posters on-site.
- We have open and ongoing correspondence with residents urging them to contact their public health agency to receive assistance, should they suspect that they are affected by COVID-19.
- We have established a hotline for our residents and tenants (firstname.lastname@example.org) to provide feedback on COVID-19 and receive prompt responses from a dedicated team.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing high traffic common areas like elevators, lobbies, laundry rooms, and other common spaces. We are also doing our best to ensure that there are sanitizers available in public areas.
- We have closed all non-essential common spaces at our properties to minimize the potential spread and exposure of the virus among our staff, residents and tenants.
- We have postponed all scheduled evictions.
- We have instructed our Property Managers to work with all residents that are being impacted by COVID-19, to construct a mutually acceptable solution regarding rental payments.
Impact on Business
We assume that the virus will have further effects on our business, however at this time we will continue to monitor the situation and make appropriate decisions based on what is best for the Sterling Karamar community, specifically our staff, residents, and tenants.
We appreciate your understanding as we navigate through this dynamic situation with as little disruption as possible.
President & CEO
Sterling Karamar Property Management