At Sterling Karamar Property Management our guiding principles are
Trust . Honesty . Integrity . Respect
Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our Clients, Residents and Employees.
We believe that understanding their needs is essential to our continued success.
We have over 25 years of experience and manage some 7 million square feet of office, industrial, retail, condominium and residential assets.
Why Work at SKPM
Sterling Karamar Property Management is a wholly owned Canadian company with over 25 years in the property development and management industry. Our team of smart, passionate and talented people are the key to SKPM’s longevity and success.
Our culture is both diverse and inclusive where employee’s opinions count. With a history of promoting from within and ample opportunity for personal and professional development, what may start out as “just a job” can lead to a dynamic and exciting long-term career.
Commercial / Residential / Condominium Property Managers - Property Administrators - Accountants - Leasing Agents/Administrators - Superintendents - Maintenance - Cleaners
Responsible for an effective and customer focused leasing process that attracts and ensures qualified residents. The leasing process includes information and relationship management and lease administration.
Main Responsibilities and activities
• Information & Relationship Management:
o Provide information about vacant suites to prospective residents and other relevant parties. Answer any questions from (prospective) residents in person, by phone and e-mail in a timely, pleasant and informative way.
o Schedule appointments with prospective residents, build a relationship and show vacant suites.
o Fill out guest cards and daily traffic report. Report final results on a weekly basis to office administration.
o Follow up with completed guest cards for prospective tenants.
o Promote tenant retention by communicating effectively with existing residents and ensure, in close cooperation within the Property Management team, that reside issues are dealt with.
• Leasing and Lease Administration:
o Provide prospective resident with the rental application form. Fill out application form on behalf of applicant collecting all necessary documentation. Check identity of prospective resident.
o Conduct credit check and employment verification and Landlord checks where required.
o Collect the First Month and Last Month Rent and process rental application.
o Prepare Tenancy Agreement based on System’s information.
o Schedule Tenancy Agreement signing appointment with resident(s) and have Tenancy Agreement signed by all relevant parties.
o Notify applicants of the status of their application within two business days of completion.
o Return all monies to ‘declined’ applicants as per company policy.
o Organize and administer the residential referral program.
o Record all leased units, including vacate date, date leased and move in date (Incentive Program).
• Preparation for leasing and new residents:
o Weekly inspect all vacant units.
o Coordinate en ensure correct move in procedures with Property Administrator.
• Administrative and Office Support:
o Ensure effective and precise filing of all relevant documents.
o Assist with Management Office administrative tasks during down time (filing, faxing, copying, etc.)
• Ensure effective communication with Residential Property Manager and the Marketing and Leasing Consultant.
• Be a supportive team member of the Residential Property Management Team. Take initiative to propose improvements of property administration processes or procedures.
• Report to the Residential Property Manager.
• Work in close cooperation with the Marketing & Leasing Consultant on all marketing related matters including but not limited to scheduling, office closures, advertising, takeaway material, suite accessories, signage, promotions, etc.
• Work in close cooperation with the Residential Property Administrators and Operational Staff.
• Minimum High School diploma (Grade 12/13).
• Preference: College Degree.
• Requirements: ability to read and write English fluently.
• Required: two years customer-service experience in a high traffic setting.
Skills and abilities
• Actively supports our values of: integrity, ethical management, accountability, service excellence and team work.
• Motivated to learn more and grow within the position.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Team player, working well with others.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Good computer skills: Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
• Good multi tasking and time management skills.
• Portray professional image.
• High stress tolerance.
• Preferable: ability to understand and speak a second language..
• Be willing to work irregular hours as rental offices are open seven days a week including evenings and weekends.
Send a resume